Kirby

Kirby
Our precious daughter, Kirby, we are going to get!

Tuesday, December 24, 2013

The true Kirby is arising

It feels like initiation has begun into the best club ever. The Parent Club is one of honor, joy and grace. It isn't a club for everyone and I love the people that know it's not a club they want to join. I imagine that some days I'll want to live vicariously through you do please don't let me down:)
This club has been one of joy, honor and grace. I've never experienced such joy as hearing a sweet voice call me mama or feeling victorious when I can soothe her tears. It's also an honor that someone would choose us to parent and give us the opportunity to love on this little girl. And it's a club of grace; we've been pooped on, peed on, and today puked on all because we forgot to do things right. I know she forgives us because we love her and it reminds of the unconditional love of Christ. May I always remember to love her and her daddy in the same unconditional way.
And while I've joined this club at a different phase than most parents, I'm in awe of every other member I know. Each person who loves a crying a baby, rebellious teenager or ungrateful college student has my awe. I have thought back to some of those terrible judge mental thoughts about parents and their ill-behaved children in the past and I'm sorry. As we walk this path, I realize that most parents are doing the absolute best they can with what tools they have with their specific child. None of us have walked in their exact shoes even if we've been on parallel paths.  May we all honor those who do their best as that's all we hope for from ourselves and our own children. 


Pics will come later

1 comment:

  1. Your so amazing! It is an honor to be your Aunt and Kirby's Aunt Loo Hoo!

    ReplyDelete